Monday 4 February 2013

Classic American Chocolate Chip Cookies


I don't think there is anything quite as satisfying as watching an old movie and eating hot out of the oven chocolate chip cookies dunked into a cold glass of milk. That was my Sunday afternoon. On a Monday morning me and my mum go to weight watchers meetings but knowing I had just made these how could I not bring them with me, so I did. When we got there we quickly jumped out of the car into the meeting to get weighed (surprisingly I lost 1 pound!) then we ran back into the car and scoffed the cookies, only to realise a post man had been watching us the whole time, he found it rather funny (Slightly embarrassing to say the least!) that shows how good these really are! But I'm not sure my Weight watchers lady would approve if she found out!




 These cookies are my perfection, Once you try them you will never buy out of the packet ones again! They are soft, chewy and have a lovely fudgey flavour to them. I think the secret of making gorgeous cookies is to under cook them slightly because as they cool down they harden a bit anyway. Also I used my secret ingredient 'Organic Vanilla Paste' which I love to use in most of my baking.

Here's The recipe

Ingredients
250g Plain Four
1/2 Teaspoon Bicarbonate Of Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt 
170g Unsalted Butter, Melted 
200g Dark Brown Soft Muscovado Sugar 
100g Caster Sugar 
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Paste
1 Egg 
1 Egg Yolk 
300g Mixed Chocolate Chips/Chunks




Preheat the oven to 170 C / Gas mark 3. Grease baking trays or line with grease proof paper.
Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Set aside.  

In a large bowl, cream together the melted butter with both sugars until well Incorporated.

 In a separate bowl, mix together the vanilla, egg and egg yolk and add the mixture to the butter and sugar and mix well.

The good stuff!


 Mix in the sifted flour, bicarb of soda and salt until just blended. 




 Stir in the chocolate using a wooden spoon. 




Ummm Cookie Dough!

Place cookie dough onto the prepared baking trays, I find that flattening the dough helps them to bake evenly and gives them a more perfect shape. Cookies should be spread widely apart on the tray.  
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes on the middle shelf in the preheated oven, until golden brown.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment